[XviD-devel] B-frames encoding code committed

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:00:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Dirk Knop wrote:
> >There is still a problem with time-codes, which I simply hacked away by
> >ignoring them and calculating B->P distance in another way.
> >
> I guess this could be the cause for the problems I get with the new
> code, but see below.

I don't really think so. It's a simple hack that will always work
if number of bframes is less than framerate (which sound
reasonable).

> Ok, I tried to, made a "public" build of this code,

Ouch, it wasn't meant for that. Give it two more days until the biggest
bugs are found.

> I'm looking forward to this. As I still don't understand the code
> completely, do you have an estimation when you will get this done? Don't
> misunderstand me, I don't want to rush anything, but having something
> like "2 weeks" to tell the users to wait at doom9 would be nice to have.

Surely less than 2 weeks. Maybe even this weekend.
Now that I have running test-application it's much more fun to code
this stuff than if you have to do it on paper and can't see the results.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6