[XviD-devel] nothing important

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:34:43 +0200

> As Pete wrote, you don't need DX for that! Simply compile the xvid part
> and install using the .inf file. Then you can use XviD in normal
> Windows programs.

Right, thx.
But i can only compile an old version (3 month) i got
from uManiacs site : the .dsw (MSVC++ projects files)
seems corrupted on the last source i dl from XviD.org
in section "dl-sources-daily snapshot". I can't open them
(could be because s.o. use MSVC++ 7.0 ??)
It's a pb 4 win32 coders like me :)

> Look into the example files, e.g. xvidcore/examples/xvid_stat.c
> there are a) routines for PSNR and b) routines how to encode
> and decode using XviD API (C style, of course).

Really great your sample !! i understood everything ! I thinked using
directly the XviD codec
was a way harder than that :))

PS : I'll take your PSNR code to make a little avs filter : i think it could
be "relatively" usefull
(i know PSNR is from the computer point of view, but it's the only objective
value to measure
video material quality... (and i think it could be usefull to have a
simple-to-use & avisynth-compatible
PSNR-calculator. just for tuners-spirits like me :))