[XviD-devel] Status of B-frames?

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:43:21 +0200

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did anyone have crashes/problems with current B-frames (including direct
> mode) with settings: max_bframes=1 and global=XVID_GLOBAL_DX50BVOP? Except
> for bad image quality (which I am working on right now) ? Because I
> didn't, but maybe that doesn't mean much...

No crashes  here in ~13 tests  of about 5000 frames.   The only visual
bug or  bitstream bug i've noticed  is a "black MB"  problem. Some MBs
are totally black even in bright  zones, and some times i think the ME
algorithm is  just wrong because i  can see pieces of  characters in a
neighbour MB  (like a  arm which is  moving fast  and one arm's  MB is
coded as if it was "late" or swapped with a neigbour MB).  This occurs
always when there's medium motion or high motions scenes.

--
Edouard Gomez