[XviD-devel] Bframe bugfixes

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:38:33 +0200

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> Did you try without adaptive quantization? I didn't test with it.
> I don't know if this has any influence (from my point, it shouldn't), but
> it's worth a try.

Yes, same bugs, same frames.

> If it's still there, try to lower the value "DIRECT_UPPERLIMIT" in
>
> xvidcore/src/motion/motion_est.c
>
> First to 0 (then it _must_ disappear, because direct mode is off),
> then to some other value. I really thought 256 would be okay, but
> maybe you proved me wrong.

Done, same bugs, same frames.

So i checked out an older  cvs version (before you commited the direct
mode support) and  the bugs were already there. sysKin  told me on IRC
this should be caused by wrong MV ranges in ME algorithms. Btw we know
the cause  is not  your newest code  but something older,  perhaps the
underlying ME algorithms.

--
Edouard Gomez