[XviD-devel] Full Image Interpolation (was: need sad8bi for direct mode)

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:28:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Michael Militzer wrote:

> which functionality do you need exactly? bilinear interpolation between two
> images?

Forget it! It was an idea based on that ffmpeg does for direct mode
search, but I just noticed that it may be very bad (or rather very slow)
and even impossible for INTER4V mode. I'll come up with something else...

> I need something similar (but block based) for the qpel support, but
> image based is no problem at all then. I have some time today and will add
> qpel decoding support, the functionality you need will come as a by-product
> then ;-)

Fine ;-)
But I thought Qpel did not use bilinear but some lowpass filtered method
of interpolation?

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6