[XviD-devel] sad8bi & dropped frames

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:21:17 +1000

>From: Christoph Lampert <chl@math.uni-bonn.de>
>To: xvid-devel@xvid.org
>Subject: [XviD-devel] Full Image Interpolation (was: need sad8bi for direct
>mode)
>Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:24:21 +0200 (CEST)
>
>On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, peter ross wrote:
> > opps. it should be now fixed.
> > okay, so we now have:
> >
> > sad[16,8]bi_c
> > sad[16,8]bi_mmx
> > sad[16,8]bi_xmm
> >

>Is this in CVS already?
>
>Okay, my next wish for direct mode is a routine that creates a full
>image that is interpolated between two images (some kind of image based
>interpolation instead of block based)
>
>Can you hack something like this?
>
>gruel

ive just commited it, including a "3dnow without xmm" version (which only
useful for k6-2/3 cpus).

over the weekend i added frame dropping support to xvidcore. there is an
extra 'frame_drop_ratio' field in XVID_ENC_PARAM which is only included when
#def BFRAMES. pframes are dropped if the number of ublks (dropped/skipped
macroblocks) exceeds the given ratio. to disable frame dropping, simply set
frame_drop_ratio to zero.

dropped frames decode correctly with divx 5.02 and the msfdam decoders.

however divx v4.02 displays some nasty artifacts; i think it ignores the
"not_coded" field. 4.02 is the most recent v4 divx to work on my pc. the
problem may well be fixed in 4.11/4.12.

-- pete