[XviD-devel] qpel decoding

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:20:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Michael Militzer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> @gruel: can you send me a copy of your integer ME please? I will then also
> look into qpel encoding support again...

"Dein Wunsch ist mir Befehl!" (anyone with a good translation, please
send it to me) ;-)

Voila, it's in CVS (and has been for several days, sorry if I didn't
announce it) It's of course called PMVfastIntSearch16 enabled just as
usual by -DSEARCH16=PMVfastIntSearch16 when compiling.
Results are as expected (at least they were a few days ago): Slightly
worse in some cases, slightly slightly better in others.
There's no real reason to switch to it by default, but it would be too
bad, either.

The routine might not be thread-save and surely isn't completely optimized
(I recently changed ME prototypes for easier B-frames support and didn't
adapt all routines, but it should _run_ and _work_ without problems).

I don't remember exactly, but I guess there is no SEARCH8 yet. That's
because I still plan to clean up all this different ME routines mess.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6