[XviD-devel] I have trouble with the B-frame's standard

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:16:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

either I am too stupid or I simply can't read. Maybe one of you
can help me, if he has a copy of the standard of a draft.

If I encode a B-frame's macroblock and the following P-frame's macroblock
at the same position ("co-located block") is SKIPed, the B-frame MB is
automatically encoded as FORWARD with (0,0) motion vector and cbp==0,
so it's also just a copy of the very first MB. In a sequence PBBP all
macroblocks at this position would be identical. Am I right?

I don't want this! I want to code the B-frames MBs individually, in
particular they are NOT supposed to be a copy, there is an object at this
position (only in the B, not in the surroundig P-frames).
I want to code a motion vector, or at least have cbp!=0

What should I do?

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6