[XviD-devel] libcore.a name

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:28:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> Will libcore.a be libcore.a forever? I think it's a pretty generic name
> for something that goes into <prefix>/lib, too generic perhaps.

No, of course not. Actually we should really care about

a) good naming convention (why not libxvidcore.a?)
b) version control for library and API

But we're too lazy... I guess there is no application that uses the static
lib at the moment (except for private testing), and the shared lib is
libxvidcore.so which is okay.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6