[XviD-devel] iDCT cooefficients different...

Winnie Weber xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:12:58 +0200 (MEST)

Hello all,

does anyone know why the coefficients created from the MMX IDCT and the
generic integer version of the IDCT are DIFFERENT? It's just a small difference
around
1 or -1, but it's there. The MMX coeffs are even different compared to the
MPEG4-Reference IDCT.

Actually, I think this can cause some 'little' troubles if I have an encoder
using 'MMX' code and an decoder using 'generic' integer IDCT code, because
epecially in INTER frames (where coeffs are SMALL) this may result in a
wrong residual image added.

Thanks for some info.

Winnie

http://www.gmx.net