[XviD-devel] inter48x48

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:33:11 +0200

> Fine :-)
> Looking at the code, could you change the code to support different
> strides for src and dest? I will most likely need a smaller stride (maybe
> even 0) for dest for better cache usage.

i don't understand it : the stride can't be 0 : it _should_ at
last 48, no ?? Did i miss something

BTW i really want to know what do you (all) think of the
dropping of 100% raw identical frames. because current
frame_drop_ratio feature seems to be ME dependant :
two identical frames in a row aren't recognised at all
(see my previous mail. I know i repeat but i simply _need_
this feature to be added because of the _huge_ improvements)

I'm thinking of something else : could it be possible, using
the MPEG-4 standart, to create a B-frames who references
exactly the previous frame ?? (a sort of inverted dropping)

can s.o. answer for the GMC

Thx a lot :)

MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr

PS : maybe you didn't read my mail at all =(