[XviD-devel] inter48x48

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:42:46 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Christoph Lampert" <chl@math.uni-bonn.de>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : samedi 27 juillet 2002 19:22
Objet : Re: [XviD-devel] inter48x48

> > to be honest, i think a quant 2 frame with 2 dropped frames after
> > is less big than a quant 8 frame with
> > 2 correction frames after [...]
>
> How much would you bet?

Depends of course of the corrections :)
but to reach the same quality, i think it's better
to have it at first frame : it looks better.
And if 2 frames like lowquant-correction
could look as well (and smaller) than highquant-dropped,
we should only use 50 fps encodes who would be
smaller than 25 fps ... sound strange for me...

But i'm as you. I need to try it. I don't like to throw numbers without
serious test. I've here at home a really huge (hundred hours) stock
of anime, so i could do tons of test. And i must say the few test i've
made were very promising. see http://ziquash.chez.tiscali.fr/cstest.html

And the frame_drop_ratio showed me it was possible.

I think trying the feature i described should be easy.
I will code it tonight. I hope you could insert it in the CVS and
give me the last CVS. So i would make tons of benchmarking
tests/encodes, ect... and i would be able to say you things who i'm
sure. If it really just give crap, we could remove it after. It's just a
little
feature who could give us some improvements.

Of course i'm dreaming of quant 2 satured HQ encodes, but i know
we are far away from that. who knows :))

I'm counting on you. Will send the code tonight or tomorow

Thx.