Zero Frame Drop (was: Re: [XviD-devel] inter48x48)

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:25:01 +0200 (CEST)

@Marc:

I just wanted to download the source to your CopySame filter since it
seems promising to have such a feature and what can I read there?

>This is a free sofware distribued under the terms of the GNU-GPL v2
>The only restriction is to e-mail me if you want to do something with
>the source because i don't want you to lose your time to decode my
>cryptic C,C++,Delphi (or any other language) writing.
>Thanks :)
>
>PS : You will not see the sources files of CopySame now because the GPL
>     is applied only to my final versions (there is no use to have bad
>     code who will be changed every beta ...And it makes me work faster
>     :)

What are you thinking?

Either the code is GPL, then you have to give to source code to whoever
asks for it (e.g. me) and you can't state in the license that the sources
are not available. Or it's not, then don't claim it is.

So, what's the status? Because I sure won't add any features to XviD for
somebody who claims his code is GPLed code, but doesn't act like it!

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6