Zero Frame Drop (was: Re: [XviD-devel] inter48x48)

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:34:08 +0200

> Well, "3% less", actually. ;-)
> And the rest I thought I told, but maybe not, so:
>
> res = 352x288, fps=25, encoded with XviD latest CVS (at that time).

a little res. could you please test in >= 576x320 res
and DROP ? manually dropped ?

> No, because I wrote the EPZS(<- sic!) and I know that it's not complete,
> yet. At least it's not optimized.

oups... EPZS(^2)? will try to remember :)
I asked because i didn't used it too.

> That's the code to detect if two frames are exactly identical,
> right? I meant the code where you detect and replace "almost identical"
> frames by identical copies of the previous. I thought that was what your
> plugin did, and then XviD should drop the identical copies.

That's the code for XviD to detect already created Z-frames, right :)
I've GLPed CopySame, so just take a look on the code :))
It's a bit more complex, but only 100 lines long :)

it's a sort of SAD on a washed (cleaned) delta-map
but when i think of it. it's dumb to use a sad. a mad would be more easy to
use.

Still eager to see XviD with Zframes, MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr