[XviD-devel] zero-biased dequant/idct

daniel smith xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:17:03 +0800

> Hm, that's of course hard to estimate, but I think
one can be at least sure
> that there won't be any huge advantages of this
approach. However there
> might be some mild speed improvement, so if
you'd like to try this out, I
> would appreciate it. btw: did the paper where
you read about this idea
> present any numbers about speed
improvements? Maybe this approach is more
> successful for c-code only? We already learned
that an early-stop check
> within sad[8,16] was not useful...

i looked again for the paper but couldn't find it
through google.  it would have been C-code only
(from 1995), but the idea might still work out.

i don't have high hopes for this improving speed
by much, but even 5% faster decoding would be
nice.

dan