[XviD-devel] New API including B-frames

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:52:42 +0200

> But what should happen to the (non-bframe related) entry
>
> frame_drop_ratio
>
> then?
>
> Should it be part of the regular API, or part of the
> "under developement" extensions structure?

Definitively : "under devellopement"
To work on 576x320, the frame_drop_ratio feature
need at least 3 still frame : impossible in real-life.
And if we use 99, it would drop everything and gives
an horrible result.

Please try zero-frame dropping . Please :))
I really eager to see that. maybe it's even more
easy using B-frames because there are more accurate...

PS : I'm not sure but i think DivX 5 B-frames are
able to skip(or drop) Z-frames. I can't test DivX since
i uninstalled it. I can't reinstall it : ethical choice :))
But there is often  <10 bytes big frame in anime...