[XviD-devel] Drop bug fixed (it wasn't bframes ;-)

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:21:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I committed a very small bugfix for framedrop.

Actually it was just _one_ character too much, you don't really have to
checkout new CVS. In src/encoder.c line 1780 the check should be

if (pEnc->sStat.kblks + pEnc->sStat.mblks <
                (pEnc->frame_drop_ratio * pEnc->mbParam.mb_width *
                 pEnc->mbParam.mb_height) / 100)

instead of

if (pEnc->sStat.kblks + pEnc->sStat.mblks <=
                (pEnc->frame_drop_ratio * pEnc->mbParam.mb_width *
                 pEnc->mbParam.mb_height) / 100)

because otherwise, even for drop_ratio=0 there will be dropped frames
(because of rounding) and that sometimes breaks B-frames encoding.

Btw. I don't like this method of framedrop. Michael and I were discussing
block-SAD-based framedropping and 1:1 copying. We'll test if this works.

So B-frames are still bugfree ;-) unless somebody comes up with
something new...

*                   B-frame bugfree counter                       *
*                   =======================                       *
*                                                                 *
*    No bug in B-frames found for   /-----------\   day(s).       *

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6