[XviD-devel] Re: Gmane activation email

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:14:37 +0200

Dead2 wrote:

> Uhmm..  Sorry for being pessimistic, but is this official stuff?
> Cleared with the "High Council" and everything..?
>
> To me this looks _Drastic_ Forum and Mailinglist is ok, but
> to drag in newsgroups aswell will only make it a mess...

To me it's okay. Maybe I'll check my spelling more carefully
before posting to the whole wide world... And there should be
something like a sticky FAQ in this newgroups. And will
attachements be kept or removed automatically?

Apart from the technical stuff: Hey, newsgroups ruled the world
when I entered the internet. Why not keep them alive by filling
them with something _interesting_ ?

gruel

P.S. Also, there are no ugly blinking smileys ;-)