[XviD-devel] Whats current status about SSE2 optimisation for xvid core ?

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:09:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, ChristianHJW wrote:
> i was trying to find something in the forum on ww.xvid.org , but the search
> came up with the message : 'Stories & topics: No stories or topics matched
> your search.'

That's because the "Search" link in the navigation panel on the left does
not search the forums, but only the "homepage" which is rather empty...

You'll have to click on "Forum" and use the "Search" link on the top.
Then you'll get tons of results...

> I seem to remember there was this very talented developer from St.
> Petersburg, his nick was Dmitry, and he was working on optimizing a few
> projects in the video encoding community for SSE2 , cant remember exactly .
> Did he ever do so for xvid ? Any results ?

There are some references to him in the source
(sad_sse2.asm,idct_mmx.asm,fdct_mmx.asm), so I guess he helped on SSE2
optimization.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6