[XviD-devel] possible bug :(

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:04:07 +0200

Hi,

I'm using XviD in windows with the VFW frontend.
If I compile in bframe support, I get strange effects:
- misplaced MBs
- if using the codec consecutive in vdub, it crashes often (problem's
solved if I choose another codec, go out of codec choice dialog, enter
it again and reselect xvid, this unloads xvid and reloads it again,
maybe some uninitialised variables here? Some mallocs which don't get
freed?)

Did anybody else test this on windows yet?
Btw., I have to use ffdshow to decode bframed XviD videos as the xvid
decoder crashes with an error stating it can't read from 0x00000000
(usually missing objects cause this) (I defined #BFRAMES_DEC in xvid.h).

I can't track the errors down, and it seems to work perfectly in linux.
I tried both intel compilers and the M$ ones, different MEs (EPSZ,
PMVfast,..) but nothing helps, and gruel has no idea either where the
error may result from.

Has anybody some ideas?

Regards,
Koepi