[XviD-devel] Fwd: Re: Independant vbr lib

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:29:29 +0200

Well, my first tests whows a undersize effect using standard treatment
(no alt curve).

I've added an fps member to the vbr control structure and i initialize
the twopass_max_bitrate with a 10% boost compare to desired bitrate :

state->twopass_max_bitrate = 1.1 * state->average_frame *\
                             state->fps * 8;

This represents a 10% boost on normal target average bitrate.

and then i initialize the max_framesize like this :
state->max_framesize = state->average_frame * 1.1;

May this be the cause of the final 2/3*desired size ? Should i allow a
greater max_framesize ?

Anyway, i think it's time to  share a 1500 frame clip and then compare
my lib output  and yours. I will prepare the clip  using a fixed quant
== 2 so the quality will be good enough.

--
Edouard Gomez