[XviD-devel] Status of GMC

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 11:00:47 +0100

Hi,

wow, GMC, very nice :) In my first tests it doesn't help much (at least
in terms of filesize), the min framesize isn't reached/used, but raises
it by the factor of 6(!) somehow (without gmc: framesize 96-107 bytes,
with GMC ~609 bytes...).

Another note, in bitstream/mbcoding.c, the first function

void inline bs_put_spritetrajectory(Bitstream * bs,
                          const int val)

throws up 51 compiling errors in windows environment.

Removing the "inline" or adding a __:

void __inline bs_put_spritetrajectory(Bitstream * bs, const int val)

changes this behaviour, it compiles flawless.

I don't know if removing the inline changes the wanted behaviour, but
that's the way my current build is working.

Just wanted to report this.

Thanks for the great work, I appreciate it! :)

Best regards
Koepi