[XviD-devel] patch: new(er) colorspace stuff

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:47:49 +1100

hi,

>	I just happen to spot a problem (of mine) that's been puzzling
>	me for a long: at xvid.h, line 72 we have:
>
>#define XVID_CSP_RGB24  0   /* [b|g|r] */
>
>	Reading "RGB24", I really thought xvid was spitting
>	the components in R,G,B order... until I read the comment.
>	It's only a naming problem, note. Was I the only one
>	misleaded?

XVID_CSP_RGB24 has always performed b,g,r ordering.

i agree, the name is misleading. it should be changed when the api3
stuff is commited.

>	(note it had a long side effect: the colorspace code I
>	once sent you was patched to work the same as what I
>	*thought* xvid was doing, not was it was actually doing).

i looked at your code, but never actually compiled it or used it.
imho rgb conversions are pretty low-priority.
(must admit i was impressed by your rgb16 stuff)

-- pete

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!