Re[2]: [XviD-devel] I haven't been here for 4 days and what I see? :)

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:07:37 +1030

> How do you know about the ME of DivX, Envivio, etc? I _do_ know that
> RealMagic MPEG4 doesn't consider chroma, that's for sure...

Nah, I don't think so. DivX is too fast for that.
Talking about chroma speed:
I can use sad8 if chroma is not interpolated.
I can use sad8bi if chroma is interpolated in one-way (no rounding
control... not that it matters).
I have to interpolate to temporary memory if I need to compare
HV-interpolated chroma blocks - I bet it's slower.
Does anyone feel like writing a function which would interpolate both
ways AND do sad in the same loop? It will probably be needed for
block-based interpolation of luma components in qpel refinement, too. I
wouldn't mind if rounding control was there ;)

Radek