[XviD-devel] GMC

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:11:07 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Radek 'sysKin' Czyz wrote:

> Hi again, just a fix. I wrote:
> > all I need to do is set
> > macroblock's mode to MODE_INTER and set mvs[0] (or qmvs[0]) to gmc
> > vector, right?
>
> And mvs[1] and mvs[2] and mvs[3] of course, for get_pmv(). I do it
> anyway.

I did the same and ended up with the same result. That's why I wanted to
get rid of the pmvs[]! The (stupid) XVID codec sets pmvs[] during SearchP,
so if you change vectors later (e.g. because you use GMC with different
vector than search told you), you have to modify _all_ neighbouring
pmvs[]. Same for INTRA decision, btw. I have no idea why it did work until
now.

gruel