[XviD-devel] qpel chroma rounding

skal xvid-devel@xvid.org
05 Nov 2002 18:51:55 +0100

	Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 00:31, Michael Militzer wrote:

> ok, I think you are right: we have to half the vector in a first step and
> then round using table 7-9 afterwards (the whole rounding process becomes
> much more logical this way...). I've updated the dev-api-3 tree again, you
> may have a look and tell whether you can agree now or not...

	So, you think it's over with chroma rounding, huh? :)
	Take this: section 7.7.2.1 (interlaced P/S-VOP), in
	the pseudo-code of 'field_motion_compensate_one_reference'
	another rounding (Div2Round(top)/Div2Round(bot)) is
	used! And moreover, with 8x4 block predictions!
	Yeah, I like it like this, what a feast! Bring the
	qpel on!

	bye,

		Skal