Re[2]: [XviD-devel] I haven't been here for 4 days and what I see? :)

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:47:05 +1030

Hi,

> I have a question though, when using "chromame", is luma info just
> discarded or is chromame an additional step? Just think about someone
> enabling "greyscale mode" and "chroma me" together...

Chroma error is just added to luma error. If one would try it with
greyscale, chroma error would be always compared against zeroes, and
would be constant. It doesn't affect the search, but could affect
inter/intra decision if would be high. More intra blocks. It would
also affect SKIP decision, because high chroma error will prevent SKIP
(I mean the efficient, early skip - there is a second skip, but purely
accidental).
All those are not a big deal...... but I can fix it easly.
Auch! I just realised that SKIP is nearly impossible in greyscale mode
(even without this modification). OK I'll fix that, too.

Koepi, I'm sure you can answer me this: When I try to compile
xvid.dll, I have this error: cannot open include file 'afxres.h' .
What is this file? Please (pretty please) don't tell me it's DirectX
SDK....
I wanted to be up to date and I replaced my old and working VfW with
yesterday's CVS... Now I can't compile anymore, and (of course) I
don't have previous code anymore :///

Thanks,
Radek