[XviD-devel] Re: [XviD-devel]

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:52:50 +0100

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "daniel smith" <danielsmith@astroboymail.com>
To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 7:54 PM
Subject: [XviD-devel] Re: [XviD-devel]

> > dan suggested something like this, an XVID_ENC_RENCODE function,
> > which reencodes the data using a different configuration.
> > the problem is, that quant_type, gmc, and qpel are all vol-based
> > parameters. its unknown whether changing these during a video
> > sequence is permited by the mpeg-4 standard.
>
> how about a switch to disable VOL insertion after the 1st frame.  i think
we really should cater for this option, regardless of what the m4if list
ends up replying with.

hm, don't think so. If the standard allows VOL headers after the first
I_VOP, I see no reason why we should restrict ourselves (well, despite
special restriction like that maybe more than one VOL is only allowed in
certain profiles, etc...)

Michael