[XviD-devel] branch is not stable :(

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:47:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

it seems to be quantizer related!
When I encode with low bitrate, it happens after a while.
When I encode with high bitrate, it runs fine.

When I encode fixed quant, for one file it happened
immediately when quant==11, but never for quant==10.

For the next file, it was different. :(

Btw. it's not really "crashing", but a decoding problem:
The decoder decodes more than there is material ending with
error -1.

gruel