[XviD-devel] glitches in images

Deepu Alexander xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:08:25 +0200

Hello.

I am using xvid in a surveillance system that I implemented . I have got a
problem that I cannot figure out. I am transmitting MPEG-4 stream that I
encoded from one PC to another one ( there is no transmission loss-I checked
that). On the decoder side I decode the images , when I  use just one camera
it works perfectly fine , when I transmit |MPEG -4 stream from more than one
camera and i decode it on the other side a get images which that have
glitches in them(sometimes image blocks are missing). On the decoder side I
implemented two sets of buffer that basically receives the MPEG-4 stream and
then sents it to the decoder. I have played around with the quantiser
ratios, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also played around with
the buffer size.

Hopefully someone has had the same problem(or knows whats wrong) and can
help me out ...

Thanks

D Alexander