[XviD-devel] Translation or Affine Transform?

James Hauxwell xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:59:27 -0000

Hi,

I was looking through the encoder CVS to see what had been implemented
for GMC.  I noticed that no_of_sprite_warping_points in the video object
layer contained the value '2' which signifies Affine transform.  If my
interpretation of the code is correct the GMC implementation only finds
a translation at the moment, so why mark the stream as having 2 warping
points rather than 1.

On a similar note in the code bitstream.c there is a function
BitstreamWriteVopHeader()  which pushes the sprite trajectory.  From the
code it looks like it will always push 4 codes, as there are some odd if
conditionals if(1) and if(2).  Are these intentional?

Jim