[XviD-devel] qpel+bframes

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:49:38 +1030

Hi everyone.
I've been working on qpel support for b-frames recently. I decided to
commit the code a few moments ago.

It's not perfect yet - for some reason, qpel refinement for
interpolate mode increases filesize - there must be a bug. Commited
code doesn't perform qpel refinement in interpolated searech just to
be safe.
The rest of the code looks ok - there may be (ie are) more bugs, but
it seems so be stable. And looks very good, too.

The search is very slow. I want to move from interpolation+sad to
sadbi - that's the reason the interpolation is repeated in every qpel
function instead of writing one interpolating function and just call
it where it's needed.
My next steps, apart from bug squashing, are to make the code shorter
and faster.

Any comments?

If you know what's it all about, I wouldn't mind if you looked for the
bugs, too.

Ah, and it would be nice if we had decoding for it ;>

Bye,
Radek