[XviD-devel] qpel+bframes

skal xvid-devel@xvid.org
19 Nov 2002 17:56:15 +0100

	Hi Dirk,

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 17:37, Dirk Knop wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> Dirk Knop wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > sorry, that wasn't the cause. Forget that mail - further
> > investigating....
> >
> > Regards,
> > Koepi
>

> next update:
>
> Disabling only sad16bi_xmm by uncommenting it in xvid.c doesn't help the
> crash, but completely disabling xmm at runtime does.
> I don't know why, please, someone with more expertise look at it ;)

	could it be a missing emms() before floats are used??

	just my 0.02 zorglyfs

		Skal

BTW: Micheal (and I) also experienced a file increase for
misused qpel. Pragmatically, slow-moving scenes seem
more appropriate for switching qpel on.
My favorite one (dunno why):
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~daphna/movies/xslits-movies/carin.mpg

(and for GMC, what about this one:
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~daphna/movies/xslits-movies/coastin.mpg
huh?)

Generally speaking, what are people using for tests? Maybe it'll
be useful to have a page with reference sequences to exercise on...

</BTW>