[XviD-devel] bug with bframes

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:45:01 +0100

Hi,

I just tried bframes alone to see if those misplaced (only slightly, but
leading to an instable impression, kind of jumping around) macroblocks,
which are noisier than other macroblocks, derive from the qpel or GMC
implementation.

Unfortunately, this is _not_ the case. This happens with bframes alone
as well.

The effect is way weaker though. It gets a bit amplified by qpel, and
GMC additional to that is the dead of the resulting video.

I can only guess, but it seems that those problems I had with
interpolate_search in bframes-qpel are just the top of an "eisberg" :-/

I can provide a small sample video, if someone doesn't see this behavior.

Thanks,

best regards,
Koepi