[XviD-devel] [ANNOUCE] XviD core library 0.9.0 is officially out.

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:34:12 +0100

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hello,

We are proud to announce immediate availability of XviD's first public
libxvidcore release. This 0.9.0 version includes support for all these
features :

    * I, P Frame encoding.
    * PMVFast and EPZS with diamond and square pattern motion
      estimation.
    * inter4v mode.
    * fullpixell and halfpixel precision.
    * both MPEG4 and H263 quantizations.
    * custom quant matrices.
    * Adaptive quantization / Luminance masking.

You can download it on the xvid.org site in the download section or with
cvs using the release-0_9_0 tag. All XviD dependant projects should rely on=
 the
XviD API 2.1 used in this XviD's 0.9.x branch.

This version has been made in order to offer XviD dependant projects a
stable API that will stay the same until big next release. The 0.9.x
branch is a bugfix branch, we will only squash bugs in order to improve
the code base and have a known rock solid XviD core library.

Enjoy this 0.9.0 version and don't forget to give feedback on our mail
lists.

--=20
Edouard Gomez

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/