[XviD-devel] lumimasking problem

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:51:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz wrote:
> search.
> I was dumping quantizer data at every interaction of motion estimation
> and I discovered ome very strange things..... Anyway, I have to assume
> that my ME doesn't work with lumimasking at all, because quant data
> are different then I had expected:

Does this happen with disabled INTER4V, too?
If not, the problem might be that adaptive quant sets dquant and INTER_Q
but your ME overwrites this setting with INTER4V? Then a simple check to
only use INTER4V if type is INTER, not if type is INTER_Q would help.

gruel

(I did a lot of adaptive quant debugging lately... ;-)