[XviD-devel] Forced iframes lost?

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 15:50:20 +0200

peter ross wrote:

> "i-frames are forced when xvid_enc_frame->intra = 1"
>
> the frame decission within
> xvid-stable/xvidcore/src/encoder.c:encoder_encode() looks correct and
> i just diff'd encoder.c against code from month ago: very little has
> changed.
>
> if its not encoder.c, i wonder what else it could be?

Hm, we checked that the iframes are correctly marked in the statsfiles:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34268&pagenumber=2

He also offers to send out an excel spreadsheet with the first pass
iframes locations compared to the 2nd pass, maybe it helps (from the
frame count I guess he made his test with matrix, if someone wants to
reproduce his results ;) ).

So this is somewhere happening in the 2nd pass code for sure - I just
wanted to see if maybe the stats files are already wrong, but they're
produced just fine.

Very strange :-/

I hope this helps,
best regards,