[XviD-devel] rgb32 & quicktime

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 09:57:00 +1000

hello,

having read a posting at doom9, i decided to looking into the
current state of xvid's rgb32 support.

our rgb32 support is actually 'BGRA'. note: the variable names within
the current rgb code swaps the r and b meaning.

there are other 32-bit rgb modes, 'ABGR' and 'RGBA'.
ive quickly hacked plain-c support for these formats, by duplicating
the rgb32 function and re-arranging the order the colorcomponents.

should this be commited in its current form (that is: plain-c only &
code-duplication)?

i would like to macro-ize the c & mmx rgb colorspace conversion
functions, but um, this will take some time.

---

this leeds me to another point. i have updated my rather ancient xvid
quicktime frontend, to test the colorspace support.
decoding within the frontend is fully functional (e.g. it will playback
movs with xvid fourcc's), but encoding is very experimental.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN MAINTAINGING THIS?
ive only tested it with quicktime-win32 v5 and v6. it should be much
work to make it compile on the mac platforms/compilers.

-- pete