[XviD-devel] Quarterpel problem.

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:17:40 +0200

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: <jeansonh@admtek.com.tw>
To: <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [XviD-devel] Quarterpel problem.

> Okay... so finally I got another hand on my side. : )
>
> Another problem I found in XviD function interpolate8x8_quarterpel as
> described in
> the beginning of this thread. Did anyone verify this ?

I suppose you're looking at the CVS HEAD code. Then yes, the x-rounding
stuff is a typo. This bug isn't fixed yet 'cause I was under the assumption
that the qpel code had been removed from CVS HEAD (CVS HEAD will become our
first "stable" release, therefore we planned to remove experimental and
potentially buggy code like qpel, bframes etc...)

Our development tree including all experimental code is currently called
dev-api-3. You can browse the code tree using cvsweb:
http://cvs.xvid.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi

or simply checkout the dev-code by doing a:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.xvid.org:/xvid co -R -r dev-api-3 xvidcore

The interpolate8x8_quarterpel function should be correct (or at least "more
correct") in the dev-api-3 branch...

bye,
Michael