[XviD-devel] YV12 downsampling and interlacing

xvid-devel@xvid.org xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:04:06 -0400

The upsampling version of this is the main source of the MPEG-2 "chroma
bug" that people complain about in many otherwise quality hardware DVD
players. See:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_2/dvd-benchmark-special-report-c
hroma-bug-4-2001.html

(though the link may be down at the moment)

If present in Xvid then it would probably show up encoding Toy Story or
Moulin Rouge in interlaced format, with bleeding jagged red's.

- Tom