Re[2]: [XviD-devel] qpel - problems I found

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:19:40 +0930

> I don't think that this is correct either. The standard says that qpel
> vectors are not simply halfed but rounded to the next halfpel value using
> this table:

> fourth pixel position    0    1    2    3
> resulting position        0    1    1    1

Ok, I cancel my cvs update.
This is because I really don't want to change good code with wrong.
You're the bosses, tell me what should I do about it...

> so:
>     dx = (dx / 2) | (dx & 1);
>     dy = (dy / 2) | (dy & 1);

> should be ok then...

No, I tried it. I just checked and it's ok indeed (just what the specs
say) but ffdshow/divx5 quite obviously just divides by 2.

Another strange thing is that after the 'fix' filesize is smaller at
fixed quant.
Maybe mpeg4 found this out and changed the specs?

Anyway, tell me what to do.

As for the other fixes, I'm glad to hear that they are correct. They
are all in motion_est.c so I can commit this file and I'll do it.

Radek