Re[4]: [XviD-devel] qpel - problems I found

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:31:22 +0200

> > hm, strange. I had the opposite opinion: Last time I checked, DivX5
seemed
> > to also do some rounding, at least decoding DivX5 qpel clips with only
> > halfing qpel vectors for chroma blocks looked clearly wrong... Need to
look
> > at it again.
>
> Sorry! I thought I checked divx5 but that must have been some time
> ago. You're right. Divx5 decodes with rounding, and the artifacts
> don't even seem to be chroma related (at least not only).
>
> So it's ffdshow/libvacodec which forgets the rounding. Apart from
> that, it seems to decode fine - no other artifacts.
>
> I'll try to find out what divx5 does wrong.

I suppose the divx5 artifacts are INTER4V related: the last time I checked,
divx5 played xvid qpel without INTER4V pretty nicely, but as soon as INTER4V
mode is activated, the picture gets horrible...

Michael