[XviD-devel] Re: vfw 2pass stats

ChristianHJW xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:05:30 +0200

"Marc FD" <marcfd@free.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:009f01c2729b$3575b8c0$9c8ffea9@maxitour...
> Hi ^^
> for 2pass wih bframes, we need to make changes to the stats-files again,
> what do you think of using a new stats format.

Reminds me i wanted to ask if you see any sense in adding handling of 2 pass
encoding process into UCI ? Is there any need to have the codec handling API
cover this area ? Any good brainstorming idea ( Mark FD :-)  ) how the 2
pass encoding process could be improved by having another API instead of
VfW, with some specific commands for 2 or more passes ?

Thanks for your input ... i will forward to Alex Stewart, founder of UCI.
--
Christian

Sites : http://mcf.sourceforge.net
http://sf.net/projects/mcf