[XviD-devel] colorspaces

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:57:41 +1000

hello,

>well, I guess we have two options: a) pad out chroma b) skip last line for
>odd heights (not really correct but simple...)

i will have a think about a padding implementation.
(not just height, but width also).

>MVs can direct outside the "real" image dimension (so into the extended
>edge
>area), right? This means that MVs can also point to the not initialised
>half
>filled border MBs, right again? setedges fills out _only_ the edge area but
>not potentially half filled MBs. Moreover we have to dct/quantize/code

during the encoding, the "get_range" function restricts the size
of the mv to within the image-width+edge_size.

for decoding we will need a proper macroblock padding.

>half-filled MBs, so if they are not fully filled, they are hard to code
>(means wasting lots of bits). So they should be filled and there should be
>something mentioned in the specs about this (I suppose the same should be
>done as as for the edge areas? well, seems like I really have to look into
>the specs now...)

iam a bit ensure about the setedges regarding.

-- pete