[XviD-devel] Help needed again

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:09:15 +1000

>Hello ,
>
>I got around decompressing a video I compressed using xvid_enc. I am
>encoding
>in RGB24 format. At the decompressor side , I write the files to ppm
>format.
>The picture I get is upside down , and I get a bluish image. I was
>wondering if
>anyone knows why I am getting this and what is the bug I probably have.

firstly, XVID_CSP_RGB24 is actually BGR, which might explain the blue-ness.

the image will only be upside-down, ifyou specifiy XVID_CSPP_VFLIP, or
you encoded the material using rgb16/24/32 input.
rgb16/24/32 encoding causes the input image to be flipped. this is known
problem.

-- pete

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.