[XviD-devel] Re: Compiling xvidcore with MinGW

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:57:10 +1000

>Hi Peter,

hi,

>I'm sorry if I'm bothering you with this trivial stuff but I have some
>troubles compiling xvidcore from dev branch while stable branch
>compiles perfectly. Here are the errors I get:

xvidcore did not compile cleanly with mingw before september.
the latest stable code, which can be downloaded through cvs, will
compile under mingw.

in future please singup/mail to xvid-devel@xvid.org.

>I defined BFRAMES in xvid.h but I have a feeling that something else
>has to be done but I can't figure out what.
>I'm compiling with MinGW-2.0.0-3 (GCC-3.2-core-20020817-1) and using
>djgpp makefile just like with stable branch.

the stable codebase nolonger provides bframe encoding.
if you want to use the bframes stuff, you will need to checkout the
development branch ("xvid-api3-dev"). however this branch does not
yet compile cleanly with mingw... i will look into fixing this.
(though doing this is redundant, because when the dev-branch is
eventually merged into the stable/cvs_head, the original mingw fixes
will take affect)

>Any help is really appreciated and thankyou for all your wonderful
>work on XviD.

cool

-- pete

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.