Re[2]: [XviD-devel] Re: Aspect Ratio

Milan Cutka xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:15:11 +0200

CL> In my oppinion, the decoder doesn't really have to care about it, unless
CL> it has a buildin rescale-mode.

ffdshow has.

CL> But in times of video-overlay, output scaling is most likely done by
CL> hardware in the graphics card, so the decoder would just need an option to
CL> determine the AR information to the player (and the player an option to
CL> read it, of course).

Maybe this can be done in some other way, but now GetMediaType
function where output format in set is called before Transform
function which provides encoded data. This applies also to overlay
aspect ratio. I don't know if overlay aspect ratio can be changed
during playback: if yes, then this problem would be solved.

   Milan