[XviD-devel] Include ffdshow code in XviD CVS ??

ChristianHJW xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:18:19 +0200

Just brainstorming here ( dont jump on me if you dont like the idea ) :

Milan Cutka's ffdshow is working great and very stable. Why is there no way
of merging the 2 projects, or at least use the ffdshow code for XviD CVS,
maybe stripped off all the things xvid didnt need, like resizing or MPEG2
playback ? ffdshow is GPL, same as XviD, so no license conflict either .

I just have the feeling that valuable effort is made double here, and this
cant be the sense behind opensource ? Forgive me if i missed an important
point here, simply ignore this mail in this case

Christian

Sites : http://mcf.sourceforge.net
http://sf.net/projects/mcf
http://uci.sourceforge.net
MCF mailing lists : news://news.gmane.org
gmane.comp.video.mcf.general
gmane.comp.video.mcf.devel
gmane.comp.video.mcf.mplayer
gmane.comp.video.mcf.announce
gmane.comp.video.mcf.mpc
gmane.comp.video.uci.devel
Soon : www.corecodec.com

Sidenote : Also, as Nic was unemployed then, you could send him to the MCF
team to help myFUN with improvement of our ( working ) dshow parser :-) . He
had promised this long time ago if i remember correctly .... lol