[XviD-devel] qpel chroma rounding

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:38:08 +0100

Hi all,

I just commited the fixed qpel chroma rounding code. I believe that XVID's
qpel motion compensation code is now (finally) correct (at least fdam seems
to like it). However I'm afraid that maybe no other decoder might be able to
decode XVID qpel content correctly at the moment. DivX 5.0.2 decodes the
chroma blocks incorrectly (but also luma is wrong if 4MV is used, so DivX5
is no good choice anyway). I haven't checked ffmpeg, but I think I remember
that the rounding is done in a different way here too, so a patch might be
needed...

bye,
Michael