[XviD-devel] todo/action list

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:42:37 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Christoph Lampert" <chl@math.uni-bonn.de>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : mardi 3 septembre 2002 12:39
Objet : Re: [XviD-devel] todo/action list

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, peter ross wrote:
>
> > >I hope everyone knows the debugview output the VFW generates.
> > >
> > >Why not putting exactly that stuff into a file? Would be easy to do,
and
> > >it's easily parsable.
> >
> > some comments:
> >
> > * we should not store the field name on each line of the file.
> >   it wastes space, and makes it harder to parse (right gruel?)
>
> Right. There could be a "comment" in the first line naming the fields,
> best would be to let it start with a '#', that's comment sign in
> gnuplot and many others ;-)
>
> > * what values do we need?
> >   - frame_size   (bytes)
> >   - header_bits  (VOL/VOP)
> >   - texture_bits
> >   - quant_type
> >   - quant
> >   - kblocks
> >   - mblocks
> >   - ublocks
>
> frame_type I, P or B has to be saved!
>
> Maybe also flags as hex or oct? I could get interesting when there is
> dynamic switch of feature. Or will this always stay disabled? quant_type
> would be included, then.
> The _read_ routine should btw. _not_ rely on an absolute number of fields,
> but be compatible with "extension" to the right.
>
> I would like something about "absolute motion vector length", too.
> Because there isn't much difference between no motion and
> fast, but simple motion, in terms of sizes. If we do statistics
> anyway, "absolute motion variance" might be interesting, too, although
> this is closer to motion_bits.
>
> One day, segmentation information and/or GMC data could be saved as well,
> (segmentation in binary form).
>
> gruel

Hi, dunno if it helps, but to parse the debugview log files, i use a asm
optmised number reader.
i works pretty fast for me (a 200 Mb log file can be parsed in 10 seconds)

i think we could add one or two lines in the beggining of the file
were globals flags / vars would be listed. It would help to do checks & to
simplify the user's life.

avoid field naming is a very good idea. there are anyway ignored by the
parser.